From 4 July 2022, employers can support temporary migrant workers on the AEWV; migrant workers can apply for an AEWV only with an offer of employment from an accredited employer.
It is important for migrant workers and their employers to clearly understand the details of the AEWV.
If you are a New Zealand employer and would like to employ international workers, you probably want to know what is the procedure to employ foreign staff and how to become an accredited employer NZ.
Getting accreditation would bring you potential benefits as follows:
Benefits To Your Organisation
Being an accredited employer under Immigration Laws assists your organisation to
How To Become An Accredited Employer?
In order to lodge an application under this category, an applicant’s employer must have previously been granted accreditation.
An employer can apply to be considered as an Accredited Employer if they can demonstrate.
- They are a viable and genuine operating business, and can provide evidence of financial stability.
- They have a history of compliance with Immigration, employment and business standards.
- They have HR policies of a high standard to provide settlement support activities to migrants.
Getting Accreditation supporting documents ready
The Employer Accreditation Application opens
INZ’ s Job Check System opens
The Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV)opens
Why need to prepare for accreditation?
- From May 2022, all New Zealand employers wanting to hire migrants on AEWVs must meet minimum accreditation criteria. This is to ensure only employers who meet New Zealand employment, immigration and business standards have access to migrant workers on AEWVs.
- This is a new type of accreditation. You will need to apply even if you have been accredited under the previous system.
- AEWV accreditation applications will be available online only.
Franchise or Labour Hire or Triangular Accreditation
Process To Employ Migrants
The New Zealand Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV) is a new temporary work visa being effective from 4 July 2022.
The key minimum requirements for accreditation are as follows:
Viable and Genuine Operating Business
Completed employer learning modules
Compliant with immigration, employment and business standards
Employees to complete learning modules
Pay Recruitment Costs
Provide Settlement Support
Passing The Job Check
Once you are accredited, you need to apply for a job check for each job you want to hire a migrant worker for. The Job Check is to verify:
- The job pays the market rate and meets wage thresholds applicable under the relevant job check pathway.
- The job’s terms and conditions comply with New Zealand employment laws and standards
- The job isfor a minimum of 30 hours a week.
- You have advertised the job to New Zealanders, if you need to, including the minimum and maximum expected pay rate and the skills or experience required.
If you offer the job to a migrant but do not hire them, you can offer the job to another suitable applicant. You do not have to redo the job check unless it has expired
Lodging The AEWV Application
INZ’s fees and cost for the lodgment are below:
|Accreditation application for Employer
|Standard, up to 5 migrants at any one time, is NZD $740. High-volume, 6 or more migrants at any one time, is NZD $1220.
|$610 per Job Check
|$750 per applicant
To get started, contact our advisers. We are a team of legally qualified specialists and advisers
We would appreciate it if you would provide us with complete and accurate information regarding your immigration query and circumstances.
Feedback From Our Clients
To be effective in this age of globalisation your business needs expertise to ensure your employees get the right visa as quickly as possible. We offer a full range of services.