Relaxation of conditions applies to:
– Temporary work visa holders employed in a supermarket when a region is in Alert Level 3 or 4 can work in addition to the conditions specified on their visa from 20 August 2020 to 31 July 2021
– Students can work more than the maximum of 20 hours per week for the same relaxation period provided they continue to meet their study requirements.
– The above includes interim visa holders if they held a temporary work or student visa immediately prior to that visa.
– Supermarkets mean those operated by: Woolworths New Zealand – owners of Countdown, Super Value and FreshChoice supermarkets; or Foodstuffs Limited – owners of New World, Pak n Save and Four Square.
– These changes apply to specified visa holders who are employed by a supermarket on the day before the region enters Alert Level 3 or 4.